Deny Me and Be Doomed

Come With Me and Be Almost Famous

Friday, April 15, 2005

Chapter 2: Panaginip

It was Sunday night and I felt like I was in Madonna's "Drowned World/Substitute for Love" video while Aileen, Maysh, and I walked along Marikina Riverparks as we searched for the stage where they're supposed to play. "Dun tayo sa may sapatos na umiilaw", says Maysh in reference to Allan's instructions but then again there was no noise whatsoever near that fluorescent giant shoe that we spotted.

So we ended up following where the people went. We eventually found this stage where some band was doing a hideous cover of "It Ain't Got You". Later on we found out that there was no backstage whatsoever. People started throwing us some glares as they got alarmed by the guitar that I was carrying, aside from Aileen sporting her SCQ look. So I asked the girls to walk around the park with me while we were waiting for the other Moonstar people.

I swear to god that setting was just so creepy. The place somehow gives you the impression that everybody's drunk and they're gonna lunge at you at any moment. I tried to convince the girls. "Mukha namang safe eh," followed by a whispered "Chos!"

Thanks to Bayani Fernando, there were seats available for the public near this boat that they converted into a food kiosk. I pointed out to Maysh, "Mare, san kaya napupunta yung mga liquid wastes nila?"She replied, "Saan pa eh di sa ilog din" Major eeeeeeew! Later on the foul stench of the river smothered our noses as we had some chicken and pizza. Hahahaha!

And so it was time for M*88 to play. Some hilarious requests: Tabing-Ilog, Huwag na Huwag Mong Sasabihin, Apoy. Hahaha. Anyways, I'm so falling in love with "Panaginip":

Sakay sa daang papuntang langit
Ngunit puting damit di na magagamit
Bulaklak at singsing nawala sa aking paningin
Ang simoy ng hangin na kay tamis
Ngunit luha ko'y walang kasing pait
Damdaming di na yata matatahimik
Pagkat ito'y isang panaginip


Maysh sings it with such conviction. Now it has become one of my favorites along with her rendition of "Bata", and "Sa Langit".

It was a looong long night. Jal dropped us at home and eventually met Cody. The next morning... Jal and I were locked inside the house...Bwahahahaha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home